What, then, are we living for?
Is there more to life?
Where do I find happiness?
Is it possible to live a happy life while on earth?
Sometimes, we choose to settle for things that don’t leave us satisfied.
Are you interested in finding satisfaction in life?
Watch this video to learn more.
Please Watch This Video! (Only 2 Minutes)
Coming up below are 5 things to remember in your search for happiness.
1. Look to a higher power for help with all your life issues
- In this case, the higher power to look up to is God, because He holds everything and everyone in the world in His hands. If we trust in Him, He will give us the peace and direction that we yearn for so desperately, and as a result, we will be happy! (Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV “Trust in the Lordwith all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”)
2. Find your purpose in Christ
- When you welcome Christ into your life, He gives you a new meaning for life, and a reason to live. Suddenly, it’s no longer about you, but about Him. Letting Him take charge of your life and show you want He wants you to do with your life relieves you of so much confusion, because He knows exactly what He wants you to do, where to do, and when to do it! Then you will be happy! (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”)
3. Cast all your worries on God
- Worry prevents us from being happy and enjoying life. The burdens that we choose to carry around become heavier by the day, drawing our focus away from Christ. 1 Peter 5:7 however reminds us that we can cast all our anxieties on him because he cares for us. This verse is not just a cliché, it is a deep truth. When we hand our burdens over to the Lord, He takes them over completely, leaving us light and free to enjoy our relationship with Him.
4. Remember that prayer works
- Where do I find happiness, you ask? In prayer! Spend time talking to the Lord and letting Him know all about your life and the challenges you are facing. That way, you will find peace in knowing that He listens to you and He cares for you. As you pray, ask for whatever it is that you need, and let Him take care of the answers. As you spend more time with the Lord in prayer, you will find peace, rest, and ultimately, happiness. (Matthew 11:28 NIV “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”)
5. Be open to change when it comes along
- Life is dynamic, and things will keep changing all the time. The key to coping with change is being prepared for it, and handling it well. Some changes will throw you off your feet, but with God’s help, you will get through them without losing your happiness. Ask Him to guide you when the change comes along. Ask Him to walk with you through the new season. It will be hard, but with God at your side,
HAVE QUESTIONS? NEED SUPPORT?
What, then, are we living for? Is there more to life? Where do I find happiness? How we answer these big-picture questions is important so we can live with hope and a sense of purpose in times of uncertainty, pain, and frustration.
A NEXT STEP
The more we learn, the more questions can sometimes arise.
God designed us for community, not to figure everything out by ourselves.
Harbour Fellowship Church in St. Catharines would love to connect with you, hear your story, and join you in moving forward.