What is the meaning of life?
How can purpose, fulfillment, and satisfaction in life be found?
In a world of broken relationships, one of the greatest fears imaginable is the fear of being alone.
“What if they don’t like me?” we ask. Or “What if they see me for who I really am and then they leave?”
How can we ever hope to be brought back into right relationships?
Find out the meaning of life by watching this video.
Please Watch This Video! (Only 2 Minutes)
What are we living for?
Where do I find happiness?
Everyone wants to know what they are living for. Everyone wants to live a happy life without any stress or worries. Interestingly, when pursuing happiness, not many people remember what the brevity of life is all about, i.e. you can be here today, and gone tomorrow! Here are 5 biblical reminders on the brevity of life.
“Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom (NIV).”
- This verse is a reminder that life does not last forever, and as such, people should use their days wisely, thus gaining a heart of wisdom.
“Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes (NIV).”
- What a stark reminder that life is not guaranteed – all the more reason to live life wisely within the time that the Creator gives!
“Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment… (NIV).”
- Everyone is going to die at some point, and then face the judgment of God. Life should be lived with eternity in mind.
“They are like a breath;their days are like a fleeting shadow (NIV).”
- With just one breath, life ends. As the shadows pass quickly over an open field as the wind blows the clouds away, so are the days of man. Make the most of your life while you are here.
“The life of mortals is like grass, they flourish like a flower of the field; the wind blows over it and it is gone,and its place remembers it no more (NIV).”
- Man’s life blooms like a beautiful flower in a field, and within seconds, a gust of wind blows it away and it is gone. Life is beautiful, but it does not last forever.
6 Bible Verses to Help Discover the Purpose and Meaning in Life
Read each verses slowly and carefully. This is God’s word to you. Reflect on what God is saying to you in each verse.
Genesis 1.1 – In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Ecclesiastes 1.1 – “Meaningless! Meaningless!” says the Teacher. “Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless.”
Ecclesiastes 6.12 – For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
John 10.10 – The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
John 14.7 – Jesus answered “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me”
Matthew 6.33 – But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
HAVE QUESTIONS? NEED SUPPORT?
Why am I here? What is life all about? What is the meaning of life? How we answer these big-picture questions is important so we can live with hope and a sense of purpose in times of uncertainty, pain, and frustration.
A NEXT STEP
The more we learn, the more questions can sometimes arise.
God designed us for community, not to figure everything out by ourselves.
Harbour Fellowship Church in St. Catharines would love to connect with you, hear your story, and join you in moving forward.